• Announcement: Lua.org now officially recommends this forum as a meeting place for the Lua community
  • The forum is currently open to new registrations. The registration will close for a short period of time when reaching 500 active members, to upgrade the server resources.

Need Help with Chat Toggle in Open Tibia Client. (1 Viewer)

CoolBuys1290

Newcomer
Reaction score
I need to know the lua modification to toggle chat with enter key after clicking the wasd checkbox in Open Tibia Client. Using client 7.72.

Please help,

Thanks,

CoolBuys1290

dinsdale247

Staff member
Community Patron
Creator of WinLua
Reaction score
Website
winlua.net
Hi,

That's a really specific question about Open Tibia. I went fishing and I see you haven't received any responses on the OTLand.net. If you want someone to make a suggestion on either site, I will suggest you provide some context with your questions. Can you show us what you have so far? Perhaps a screenshot? Have you done any searching in the API documentation? I wouldn't even know where to start so links to the documentation you've looked at would be good too.

CoolBuys1290

Newcomer
Reaction score
Capture.PNGGoes to Snip 2.PNG. But pressing the Enter key doesn't make it go back to Capture.PNG. I haven't found anything in OTLand that addresses this problem. Please help. Thanks. I also don't know how to find the option for this in the API for otclient.

dinsdale247

Staff member
Community Patron
Creator of WinLua
Reaction score
Website
winlua.net
Ah. Okay so you want to toggle the wasd checkbox with the enter button? Usually in a panel/screen it will be a matter of
a) Focus - which control on the screen has the current focus and
b) Event Handling - what does the system do with an event like a key press. Some events are tied to specific objects, some events will be general. Usually something like the enter key is handled by whatever object is in focus. (like the textbox or the checkbox).

I suspect that after the first time you hit the enter button the focus leaves that checkbox control. You are going to have to do some debugging to figure out where the focus goes and how to get the focus back on the checkbox (if that is indeed where you want it).

There seems to be a number of Open Tibia Clients? Can you pass on any Open Tibia client 7.72 documents that you have? The otland.net didn't seem to be too well documented.

Last edited: