• Announcement: Lua.org now officially recommends this forum as a meeting place for the Lua community
  • The forum is currently open to new registrations. The registration will close for a short period of time when reaching 500 active members, to upgrade the server resources.

CGILua install from luarocks (1 Viewer)

bat

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello, I tried to install cgilua as follows:

[email protected]:~$ sudo luarocks install cgilua
[sudo] password for bat:
Installing https://luarocks.org/cgilua-6.0.2-0.rockspec
Cloning into 'cgilua'...
ssh: connect to host github.com port 22: Connection refused
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Error: Failed cloning git repository.

There are many 'solutions' to this on the web, but a few hours of trying them out yesterday were not successful. I have not seen this with other modules that I have installed from luarocks. I finally found an absolutely brilliant answer which solved my problem: here and this allowed me to install cgilua-5.2.1 but I still can't seem to get the latest version this way or via the usual luarocks install command. Anyway, I think I am sorted for now. I have been using lua since the summer and loving it - this has been my first sticking point ;-0

bat

Newcomer
Reaction score
Never got it to work in the end (kept getting "attempt to index a nil value (upvalue 'SAPI')") but I think it would have been too complicated for my needs (just reading data from an html form). I made a very simple work-around to read the data sent by post as stdin, roughly like:

#!/usr/bin/lua
s = io.read("*a")
print(s)

I can just use lua pattern matching to get the values I need from the posted data.

dinsdale247

Staff member
Community Patron
Creator of WinLua
Reaction score
Website
winlua.net
I wonder if @Hisham might be able to help with cgilua, or suggest an alternative?

What webserver are you using?

bat

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for your reply. Is he on discord? The server is lighttpd. Maybe cgilua does not recognise it. I read there's WSAPI and a few others but I haven't tried them. I can do everything I need to do by direct read or write to the stdio since I am not doing anything complicated. Cheers, bat.

tomas

Newcomer
Reaction score
I updated a .src.rock file. Please check LuaRocks site again.

bat

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello, tried again just now and no success with with version 6 but 5 seems OK as before, using Hisham's method.